Dashboards & Reporting
Learn how Marriott, Food Network, and Modcloth leverage Dashboards & Reporting
Customizable dashboards are a powerful way to report and keep track of the SEO data that's most important to your organization. Gain a high level summary of your SEO efforts and find keywords your competition is ranking for that you may not have previously considered. Reporting daily, weekly, or monthly is up to you and your SEO best practices. Don't waste time on prepared dash boards as valuable information could easily be lost or unreported.
Dashboards are used to track KPI metrics that are important to your business. In the fast-paced environment of search it’s important to quickly obtain visibility into changes in traffic and ranking performance in order to stay ahead of the competition. With an abundance of on and off-page factors that contribute to performance, it can be difficult for practitioners to parse out the data that actually affects performance from the noise and seasonal changes.
Using customizable dashboards will give you the reports and information you're looking for in one place. Customizable dashboards are good for keeping track of changing data. You can use dashboards to see how your optimization efforts are impacting rank. Create a chart with a customized date range and a specific keyword group to show how your rank changed since optimizing keyword groups that are important to your business.
Utilize dashboards to view how much traffic is coming in from each page, what kind of visitors you're receiving, how your organic traffic is doing, and how it all compares. Dashboards will give you a good idea of how your site is looking overall. You have the ability to track why there was an increase or a drop in traffic. You can then determine why traffic changed by using BrightEdge events to show updates that appear for the week they were created. You can see how many changes were made to specific pages and correlate that back to an increase in traffic and revenue. Looking back on what worked and what didn't is a simple way to plan future SEO strategies.
Use dashboards for strategic planning for your SEO and visualize how you're performing head to head with competitors. Customizable dashboards are important because they help you match the exact insights you need to report on. BrightEdge StoryBuilder uses web analytics and data to give you the insights you'll use to customize for. Using customizable dashboards, you're able to gain insights into the buyer's journey and your competition. In BrightEdge StoryBuilder, you can eliminate or add competitors to gain deeper insights into who your true competition is. Easily get a leg up on your opposition by gaining these insights.
Core to BrightEdge are fully customizable SEO dashboards providing instant visibility into your organization’s overall health and detailed analysis of initiatives with scheduled email delivery. Track KPIs with one-click dashboard reporting and easily communicate performance alignment across business units and with executives. Get the big picture with high-level reports for executives, tracking overall ROI from content, and dive down into the details with specialized reports around Local SEO and Blended Rank. Here are the things you'll want to customize your dashboard with:
1. Flexible Dashboard Creation - Choose between an array of customizable dashboard charts including competitive trends, Share of Voice Analysis, trended keyword ranking reports, and content health snapshots
2. Leverage Proven Dashboard Templates - Start with templates based on dashboards that 6000 brands use to win in search; easily adapt them to your needs and create your own customizable dashboard. Choose templates by role such as Executive & Lead, and business needs such as social media performance and targeted campaigns
3. Easy Event Tracking - Keep track of key events such as search engine algorithm updates, start dates of major initiatives, or site redesigns. Once the event is in the system, it will automatically populate to any existing or new chart
4. Comprehensive Web Analytics Integration - Integrate third-party web analytics data into your customizable dashboards to get the complete picture of your content performance.
5. Automated & Flexible Delivery - Align team efforts with custom email delivery schedules; export entire dashboards or specific charts within your customizablr dashboard across formats such as CSV, PDF and PNG
To assist further with the structure of your dashboard, we recommending starting with a report on how your pages are performing. Next, add the devices that are sending traffic your way and then a report on how it compares to the rest of your website. Finish up the second half of your report with how rankings compare, your competition, and lastly, your keyword rank.
In the BrightEdge platform, customizing your dashboard for yourself, coworkers, the CEO, etc. can be very easy and impactful when reporting your SEO. There are several key steps to customizing your dashboard. Here are the steps:
1. Navigate to the StoryBuilder homepage in BrightEdge.
2. Create a new dashboard. You can create a new dashboard that's completely customized or use a prepopulated dashboard template that you can customize later on.
3. Name the folder. Give it a custom name that suits you and the information you plan on adding to it. If it's SEO specific, be sure to note that in the title. If it's specifically for reporting to the CEO or executive team at your company, be sure to give it a name that reflects that. Another smart way to describe your dashboard is to add the date range it will update. You can customize this portion by choosing daily, weekly, or monthly reports to look at trended information week by week or month by month.
4. Set your folder to public or private. If you're setting it to public, anyone at your company will be able to view your customized dashboard and you'll be able to easily share information about your site. If you choose to create a private dashboard, only you will be able to view it. This can be helpful while you're strategizing around what reports and charts to put in your dashboard. You can change your customizable dashboards to be public or private at any time.
5. Save your dashboard. Your data will load and populate in charts.
6. Add customizable charts. You can search for key metrics to report on or you can scroll through to create charts. You also have the ability to create a custom story.
7. Choose a topic for your chart. In customizable dashboard stories, there are several filters to choose from to make it as customized as possible. StoryBuilder will continue to populate more and more areas for you to filter down to. This can include topics, metrics, dimensions for date ranges, rank type, device type, and more. Here, you have the ability to completely customize your report.
8. Choose a graph. This will be your final step before saving. Think about how you want your report to be viewed. Is it best seen in a graph, a flow chart, a pie chart, a table with data? Think through the dimensions you chose and pick from there.
After you save your report, it will automatically populate. You can rearrange your charts once you have more than one in your customizable dashboard. Here, you'll be able to see how many keywords are ranking on page one, page two, page three, page four through ten, and pages that aren't ranked within the first ten pages which are considered 'not ranked'.
Your customized SEO dashboards can be downloaded or delivered by email to the people you designate them to go to. Customizable dashboards can be used to included charts, graphics, images, numbers, and text. Once customized, the dashboards can serve as a content calendar. They can also prove to be helpful to track pages you need to optimize or pages you'll want to create in the future. If you create your customizable dashboard to be public, sharing with your team can be a simple and effective way to guide content creation.
If you're looking for something simple to drive your marketing performance with digital dashboards, check out our blog.